by Eric Spracklen January 21, 2020
- Martin Weissgerber, South Carolina Field Organizer, Sanders Campaign: “Leave it to the Soviets to Make the Most Badass F***ing, Most Effective Gun in the World…AK (47)…The Destroyer of Imperialism and Colonization…That’s Why I Want to Get it (AK-47) Tattooed on Me.”
- Martin Weissgerber: “I’ll Straight Up Get Armed, I Want to Learn How to Shoot, and Go Train. I’m Ready for the F***ing Revolution…I’m Telling You. Guillotine the Rich.”
- Weissgerber: “Let’s Force Them (Billionaires) to Build Roads…Rebuild Our Roads, Rebuild Our Dams, Rebuild Our Bridges. Let’s Force Them…”
- Weissgerber: “What Will Help is When We Send All the Republicans to the Re-Education Camps.”
- Weissgerber: “So, do We Just Cease – do We Just Dissolve the Senate, House of Representatives, the Judicial Branch, and Have Something Bernie Sanders and a Cabinet of People, Make All Decisions for the Climate? I Mean, I’m Serious.”
- Weissgerber: “The Soviet Union Was Not Horrible…I Mean, for Women’s Rights the Soviet Union – I Think – the Most Progressive Place to Date in the World.”
- Weissgerber Reveals That His Father is a Belgian Marxist Who Participated in the May 1968 Civil Unrest in Paris, France.
- Weissgerber Says That His Mother is “Really Left as Well, but She Can’t Make Her Views Known Because She Works for WBUR, which is NPR…”
(Charleston, SC) In last week’s videos, Project Veritas Action Fund exposed the shocking comments of an Iowa Field Organizer for the Bernie Sanders Presidential Campaign, Kyle Jurek. In today’s new video, a South Carolina Field Organizer for the Sanders Campaign, Martin Weissgerber, is secretly recorded praising the Soviet Union, admitting his fantasies about forcing a violent overthrow of the United States federal government, and speaking favorably about forcing Americans into “Re-Education Camps.” He even speaks of decapitating people once his socialist revolution succeeds. Weissgerber, who also describes himself as a Communist, reveals that he has been radicalized from a very young age by both of his parents. The recordings of Weissgerber combined with the recordings released last week of Kyle Jurek, give insight into the mindset of many Sanders staffers and what they truly believe.
Throughout the recorded conversation, Weissgerber expressed his contempt for wealthy Americans and Republicans by suggesting that they should be forced into hard labor, Re-Education Camps, or even the guillotine:
“Let’s force them (billionaires) to build roads…rebuild our roads, rebuild our dams, rebuild our bridges. Let’s force them to do that.”
“Well, the Gulags were founded as Re-Education Camps…What will help is when we send all the Republicans to the Re-Education Camps.”
“I’m already on Twitter, following numerous groups around the country that are ready to organize yellow vest protests. I’m ready…I’m ready to start tearing bricks up and start fighting…I’m not – No cap, bro. I’ll straight up – I’ll straight up get armed, I want to learn how to shoot, and go train. I’m ready for the f*cking revolution, bro…I’m telling you. Guillotine the rich.”
Weissgerber also unveils why he became a radical Marxist, his thoughts on the Soviet Union, and how he sees a Sanders presidency taking root in the United States:
“I think I was radicalized from the day; first day I was born…my dad, is a Marxist. Like, straight-up from Belgium…he took part in Paris 68’ and all that, which is really cool… I’ve always made it, I’ve always been unapologetic about it since I was younger, I always said, you know I’m a Communist…in my house, we had, you know Das Kapital, Engels, and Marx and all that sh*t…I’m a Communist that believes in direct democracy, direct communes on everything. Pretty much, Anarcho-Syndicalism. Unions everything. I hope, but I don’t know how effective that is in addressing climate change, for instance.”
“Oh, yeah. My dad is real; my mom is, but my mom is really left as well. But she can’t make her views known, because she works for WBUR, which is NPR, so she’s more held back. But you know…But then I went, I started studying it. That’s what I studied in college, I studied Russian his– Soviet history…I became the resident Marxist…But, yeah, I’m all about the complete seizure of the means of production, nationalizing everything.”
“I only learned this sh*t in college when I started studying the Soviet Union. The Soviet Union was not horrible…I mean, for women’s rights the Soviet Union – I think – the most progressive place to date in the world.”
“The first Gulag that was opened; have you heard about Belomorkanal? They dug a Canal; the plan was, in 1922, I think, to dig a Canal from the White Sea all the way to Saint Petersburg…a long way, if you look on a map…and, the whole point – it was going to be called the Belomorkanal, and I read – I spent a whole semester actually studying primary accounts from the Belomorkanal. The whole point of the Belomorkanal, there were no machines allowed. They forced the people to dig with shovels and hoe the whole canal, right? You should see the people writing about their time at the Belomorkanal. There’s this one guy, he was a thief from Georgia who had been captured. He was sent to the Belomorkanal to work and in his writing, like ‘I reject all thievery, I reject that past life.’ He said, Capitalism made me into this thief, because when there’s poor people, there’s going to be crime. He said, ‘I went to the Belomorkanal and I worked.’ He became a shock worker, which is what they call the leading workers, people who always met the quota and exceeded the quota…and, like people came from America to work at the Belomorkanal for the Soviet project, the Communist project. It was a beautiful thing.”
“Leave it to the Soviets to make the most badass f*cking, most effective gun in the world…AK (47) …the destroyer of imperialism and colonization…that’s why I want to get it (AK-47) tattooed on me.”
“So, do we just cease – do we just dissolve the Senate, House of Representatives, the Judicial Branch, and have something Bernie Sanders and a cabinet of people, make all decisions for the climate? I mean, I’m serious.”
Project Veritas Action Fund will continue its investigations into 2020 campaigns in order to bring candidates’ and their staff’s true political views and policies to the public light.